[Gameplay] Damage reduced for second character in multiplayer

02leeken

Green Slime
Hello!

I've just started playing this game with a friend online, and we're enjoying it except for one bug that keeps coming up that forces us to constantly reset the game. Every so often the second player's damage seems to cut in half. The damage stays this way until the game is reset for both players. What's even more bizarre is that the damage can keep getting cut in half if we decide to keep playing. At one point the host was dealing ~70 dmg and the second player was dealing 3 with the same weapon (2 handed sword). The host and client all have the same items and we're both the same level so it's very easy to tell when the second player's damage has suddenly dropped.

We've tried to figure out when and why this happens but cannot find any pattern. Sometimes it will happen after 10 minutes of gameplay, and sometimes it happens in 1 minute, so there must be something we're doing to cause this but we aren't sure what it is.

Own

What's interesting is that this isn't the first time I can remember this being brought up over the years, but no one has ever figured out what causes it.

Here we have someone whose damage both shrunk and grew to absurd numbers

Part of me is wondering if perhaps it has something to do with weapon quickswapping in multiplayer, gunking up the works... somehow? Do you have weapons quickslotted to change on the fly?

02leeken

Green Slime
I do have weapons quickslotted, but I rarely swap. The issue didn't appear this last play session, but I can say for sure I didn't use the quick swap to switch weapons. I'll test the next time I play to see if that is the cause and will report back. Thanks!

02leeken

Green Slime
As an update, unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this issue in any repeatable way. Swapping weapons doesn't seem to cause it, or at least it doesn't happen 100% of the time when quick swapping.